Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a CASAC that can provide alcoholism and substance abuse counseling services in approved work settings. The CASAC provides comprehensive assessment services to clients who may have substance abuse barriers to employment by applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care. This includes performing diagnostic assessment, evaluation, intervention, referral and alcoholism and/or substance abuse counseling in both individual and group settings.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Carries an active caseloads of clients as stipulated by the program
- Provides 28 hours of direct care services each week
- Orients clients about program rules and regulations, goals and objectives, client’s obligations, client’s rights and programs operation
- Complete clinical assessment related paperwork upon admission
- Refers to mental health for assessment upon admission. Assessment is repeated as needed.
- Complete daily progress notes and encounters for billing on time
- Engage client in the creating of Recovery Treatment Plan as evidenced by submitting plan with all signatures. Plan is developed according to OASAS regulations.
- Documents all individual, family, groups, and or crisis interventions counseling plus any other significant contact in the client’s clinical record.
- Documents techniques used during individual, family counseling sessions and group therapy to address behaviors, attitudes and feelings and appropriately assesses their effects.
- Facilitate groups weekly. Documentation is completed on time.
- Provide regular ongoing direct services to clients, their families/significant others, helping them with adjustments problems, the need for placement, the diagnosis and implications, substance abuse counseling, etc.
- Maintain ongoing cooperative relationship with other disciplines to assure quality service to clients.
- Assist client in locating housing and applying for permanent housing as needed.
- Maintain and updates referral service and resources that may be useful to our population
- Submit required chart documentation adhering to OASAS regulatory timeframes
- Participate in clinical supervision as schedule
- High School Diploma required. Associate/Bachelor Degree preferred
- Valid OASAS CASAC certification
- 3+ years’ experience in OASAS program
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*