Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a SYEP Instructor will serve as facilitator combines classroom instruction with community service to address community needs, growth and academic instruction in the area of career exploration.
Students take what they learn in the classroom and apply that knowledge to real-world problems in their communities. Service learning enhances the Project learning experience by:
- Teaching critical thinking skills to solve complex problems in the context of real-world situations to enhance career knowledge
- Encouraging civic responsibility and community action
- Promoting cooperation and teamwork
- Building character
Service learning supplements reading, writing, and hands on classroom projects, discussions and forums.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Under the guidance of the Program Director, the service learning Teacher will administer service learning curriculum instruction to all participants and execute various administrative tasks.
- Create and Design focus based curriculum and lesson planning
- Facilitates programs and sessions through progressive, engaging delivery of content via multiple modalities including virtual and in-person instructor led training
- Assist the Director/Instructors with academic tutoring, administering tests, and grading.
- Help plan career and Curriculum based activities and/or events.
- Instruct participants in the rules and regulations code of conduct
- Maintain logs and discussion pertaining to teachings and Lesson planning with the Director.
- Accompany the Director, staff, and/or participants on various trips/outings/events.
- Attend various DYCD and/or ACDP/Acacia trainings and events as directed.
- Supports and facilitates trainings including but not limited to orientation, on the job training, performance support, and assessment of youth career readiness
- Monitor participant’s behaviors and report to the Director.
- Attending College with one (1-2) years work experience related to customer service and administrative duties.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency with two (2) year’s work related experience.
- Demonstrated success teaching or working with high school age youth
- Ability to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.
- Knowledge of program management.
- Two (2) years Supervisory experience in an education, youth services, and/or workforce development field.
- Previous SYEP or summer instruction experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with intermediate to advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*