Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Call Center Representive that's an energetic and reliable professionals to join us as Call Center Representative. The successful candidates will be responsible for answering incoming customer calls, utilizing company policies to solve customer issues and directing calls as needed. Our Call Center Representatives are often the first point of contact for customers so we are interested in hiring individuals with a commitment to customer satisfaction and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Utilize effective communication and customer service skills
- Accept and screen incoming and outgoing calls, maintain accurate messages and disseminates appropriately
- Register patients in NextGen, obtain/verify demographics, insurance, and other pertinent information from the patients
- Maintain/coordinate patient appointments and update information into the EMR
- Follow-up on the missed/cancelled appointments, confirm upcoming appointments via telephone/written correspondence
- Maintain records appropriate to operations and maintain privacy of information in the patient’s charts and/or records
- Update and file information and thinning charts
- Work with Practice Manager to ensure the assignment of patients with scheduled clinic appointments
- Photocopy designated sections of medical records as requested by providers
- Pull and ready charts for patient appointments. Replenish and maintain all clinic files, checks for integrity of “prepped” chart
- Order necessary supplies and maintain an inventory of all clerical supplies
- Collect co-payments of insured patients and screen patients for self-pay classification.
- Post encounters and payments into the EMR
- Provide back-up support to other unit clerks.
- Update and verify insurance information for each patient’s visit
- Monitor missing encounter report to ensure that all encounters are posted into the EMR
- Maintain a clean and safe waiting area
- Attend all staff and organizational meetings as requested
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested by supervisor
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree in Social Services, Human Services, or Public Health preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience with medical record charts, knowledge of ICD-9-CM codes, knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Basic computer skills for word processing and spreadsheet use.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*