Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Medical Coder we are seeking a detail-oriented and organized medical coder to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in reviewing and analyzing medical billing and coding for processing. You will review and accurately code encounters for reimbursement. This position may also provide education to providers and staff on correct documentation, coding, and billing of visits as well as performs audits of medical claims for compliance with federal coding regulation and guidelines.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Evaluates medical record documentation and charge ticket coding to optimize reimbursement by ensuring that diagnostic and procedural codes in addition to other documentation accurately reflect and support the outpatient visit.
- Ensures that all data complies with legal standards and guidelines.
- Interprets medical information such as diseases or symptoms in addition to diagnostic descriptions and procedures to accurately assign and sequence the correct ICD-10-CM and CPT codes
- Reviews Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement claims for completeness and accuracy before submission to minimize claim denials
- Assists the data processing staff in making revisions to the EMR/EPM master file as required
- Provides technical guidance to the clinical providers and other departmental staff in identifying and resolving issues or errors, such as incomplete or missing records and documentation, ambiguous or nonspecific documentation, or codes that do not conform to the approved coding principles/guidelines
- Educates and advises staff on proper code selection, documentation, procedures, and requirements
- Identifies training needs, prepares training materials, and conducts training for clinical providers and support staff to improve skills in the collection and coding of quality health data
- Coordinate the post billing edit report with TPR.
- Facilitate Chronic Care Management Billing.
- Collaborate with the quality team to improve HEDIS measures and maximize incentives.
- Identify new codes to maximize reimbursement.
- Provide new codes to the billing team and providers and assure we are properly billing them.
- Certification in related field, required.
- Deep knowledge of the overall departmental function
- Minimum 5 years’ medical coding experience
- Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
- Superior mathematical skills
- Commitment to high level of customer service
- Familiarity with ICD-10 codes and procedures
- Working knowledge of medical jargon and anatomy preferred
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*