Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Community Residence Monitor that, under the supervision of the Promesa Community Residence Director and Shift Supervisor, will be responsible for providing residents with the highest quality care within a therapeutic environment. The CRM is responsible to ensure patient safety and programmatic compliance with facility rules. This individual must demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to provide appropriate care based on the assigned unit. This CRM will adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations set forth by New York State Office of Mental Health and Acacia Network to ensure resident safety and program compliance. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Provides assertiveness and self-advocacy training designed to promote residents’ ability to make life changes and increase self-awareness.
- Assist residents with developing daily living skills.
- Report incidents as needed while remaining calm and in compliance with the organization’s Incident Reporting Policy.
- Monitor all client activity in common areas.
- Conduct floor checks.
- Assist in the development of social skills intended to diminish tendencies towards isolation and withdrawal.
- Maintain and develop work-related knowledge and skills through continuous learning activities, attendance at in-services and workshops, industry seminars and conferences, speaker series, etc.…
- Provide support in the following areas: selection and/or preparation of food, cleaning and washing clothes, maintenance of environment.
- Meal preparation on weekends and on weekdays in the absence of the cook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medication Monitoring.
- Escort clients on appointments within the community via agency and public transportation.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Associate Degree preferred.
- Significant desire to work with people struggling with a mental illness to help them improve their lives.
- One (1) year of experience in Human Services or Behavioral Health preferred.
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and to contribute positively.
- Excellent documentation skills, and follow protocol.
- Comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*