Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Bookkeeper who will be responsible for the bookkeeping of all grants for various not-for-profit multi-service organizations funded by State and City.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Responsible for the bookkeeping of all grants including AR and AP.
- Will prepare bank deposits.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of invoices required by funding agencies.
- Ensures that all invoices submitted for all grants are reconciled with costs stated in the General Ledger and approved budgets.
- Will assist on the preparation of schedules and worksheets for cost reports required by funding agencies.
- Conducts account reconciliations and analysis on a regular basis.
- Will assist in the handling of external audits for all grants.
- Will be backup for Timekeeper.
- Will be backup for bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Assists in other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Associate Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience required.
- Knowledge of NYC DFTA, DYCD, DOE, DOHMH & NYS OMH guidelines required.
- Knowledge of NYC HHS accelerator system a plus.
- Knowledge of NYC DFTA Cams & BOS systems a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and FundEZ a plus.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*