Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Trainer that, under the supervision of the Vice President of IT, is responsible for the review and input of medical data into the NextGen system. The EMR trainer is responsible training clinicians and support staff on proper use of the clinical information systems used to document patient care. This includes transitioning programs from documenting on paper to using electronic systems, ongoing documentation support and new user training. The EMR trainer works closely with the Vice President of IT, Vice President of Behavioral Health, Sr. Administrators of Primary Care and the Data Quality and Reporting Team to deliver high quality training and materials that are in-line with providing value-based care. The EMR Trainer serves as an advocate of management in promoting the use of information technology in the clinical setting.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Analyzes clinical workflows to determine appropriate EMR workflow.
- Develops the EMR training materials for Primary Care and Behavioral Health.
- Ensures EMR workflow and training are geared towards providing value based care.
- Advises clinical staff on capturing critical fields of data that satisfy value-based measures.
- Provides EMR training to new staff members and becomes an integral part of the employee onboarding process.
- Reviews charts to ensure required documentation is being captured.
- Converts Primary Care and Behavioral Health clinics from documenting on paper to documenting electronically.
- Responsible for the documentation of necessary training methods and application processes.
- Uploads EMR training content to the organizations training platform.
- Develop a working knowledge of all applications within the organization and be the main point of contact for end users.
- Act as a liaison between the IT department, sites, and software vendors regarding specific software product issues.
- Work closely with the EMR Project Manager to establish training schedule across all entities.
- Collaborate with Sr. Administrators to schedule and implement user trainings in the usage of EMR applications. Assist in process design changes for these applications.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to complete projects with tight deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong ability to identify potential issues and participate in their resolution.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Healthcare related bachelor’s degree or equivalent 3-5 years in related field work experience.
- Nextgen Certification Preferred.
- Strong knowledge of EMR system.
- Minimum two years of direct experience as a Nextgen EMR Trainer
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with people with different backgrounds.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have skills necessary to obtain EMR certified trainer-level knowledge and complete understanding of the latest version of the EMR application.
- Solid understanding of the implementation process of Nextgen EMR system
- General operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet applications, e-mail, applications, and data entry.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*