Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Case Manager that, under supervision of the Program Director, will be responsible for providing case management, housing support to participants and monthly reporting requirements that will ensure compliance with the parameters of the program. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Acts as liaison between participants, superintendents and building managers to ensure all repairs are completed to either the participant’s apartment unit or the building.
- Maintains a Building and Apartment Log, which includes date, and condition of the apartments and buildings.
- Reports all non-compliance issues with respect to the apartment and building to the Supportive Housing Manager, including incidents requiring immediate attention.
- Provides case management and on site crisis intervention
- Completes required service plans.
- Facilitates monthly CAB tenant meetings.
- Educates participants with respect to good housekeeping and home-safety practices, budgeting and landlord/tenant relations, as necessary
- Maintains appropriate documentation of all tenant contacts.
- Documents monthly progress notes in the participants’ chart
- Conducts home visits to help evaluate participants’ compliance with the rules and regulations of the program and to assess the need for referral to supportive services
- Takes random urine samples for drug screening toxicology
- May escort participants to social services agencies, as requested
- Reports any alleged child neglect or abuse to the Supportive Housing Manager
- Responsible for completing annual tenant rent calculation forms.
- Responsible for completing annual apartment inspection forms.
- Updates monthly program data base.
- Ensures annual leases are updated and filed
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required.
- Associate’s Degree or an equivalent related field required
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*