Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a CASAC counselor who can provide alcoholism and substance abuse counseling services in approved work settings. The CASAC provides comprehensive assessment services to clients who may have substance abuse barriers to employment by applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care. This includes performing diagnostic assessment, evaluation, intervention, referral and alcoholism and/or substance abuse counseling in both individual and group settings.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Develops and conducts group individual and family counseling on a scheduled basis to caseload clients/residents
- Obtains weekly random urine samples according to established protocol
- Orients clients/residents about program goals, objectives, rules and regulations, client’s obligations, client’s rights and program operation
- Demonstrates knowledge of group work management techniques and uses those techniques appropriately
- Demonstrates appropriate treatment planning and clinical intervention
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate documentation
- Provides education and information to the client about alcohol and drug abuse
- Maintains and updates referral services and resources that may be useful to our client/resident population; makes referral when necessary and appropriate
- Prepares legal monthly reports monthly or as needed
- Other duties in keeping with the scope and nature of the position
- High School Diploma required. Associate/Bachelor Degree preferred
- Valid OASAS CASAC certification
- 3+ years experience in OASAS program. Experienced in Residential settings preferred.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with a strong team of professionals and in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi task with strong organization sills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Strong Microsoft office skills
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*