Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Compliance team, which is part of the Office of Legal Affairs, seeks someone to assist with implementing and administering the Acacia Network Compliance Program. Among other activities, you will provide auditing, investigation, and review assistance for compliance initiatives.
You will also improve the internal control environment by reporting findings, assist with preparation and tracking of staff compliance training, maintain Compliance Department logs, reports, and calendars. Additionally, you will support the Compliance Program which includes requirements from the Office of the Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG), HIPAA, and 42 cfr part 2.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Counsel for Compliance/Corporate Compliance Officer (DCC), the Compliance Analyst shall work on assigned compliance projects to ensure Acacia Network compliance with various oversight agencies which include:
- Office of Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG)
- NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS)
- NYS Department of Health (NYS DOH)
- The Justice Center
- Office of Mental Health (OMH)
- Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)
- Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- New York Sate Department of Education (DOE)
- Department for the Aging (DFTA)
- Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Deputy Counsel for Compliance (DCC) in developing and implementing the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Assist the DCC in oversight activities as directed.
- Review and stay current on industry trends and areas of focus.
- Manage the Compliance Department's administrative duties (e.g., organize relevant files, prepare reports, take minutes of Compliance Committee meetings; etc.).
- Support the DCC with regulatory analysis, including the review, summarization, and dissemination of key regulatory updates and changes that affect Acacia Network operations, policy and processes
- Assist in the development of internal compliance audits and reviews.
- Conduct site visits with the DCC (e.g., provider sites, facilities, etc.) to ensure consistency of activities with applicable requirements.
- Conduct HIPAA reviews to ensure compliance with privacy rule obligations.
- Conduct initial assessment of complaints/investigations and assist with compliance investigations under the direction of the DCC, including conducting interviews, reviewing case files, and preparing outcome reports.
- Partner with business areas and review their policies and procedures as needed to ensure regulatory changes have been applied correctly.
- Assist with the functional management of the implementation of compliance control and compliance processes in accordance with the Acacia Network's Compliance Program.
- Function as the coordination/contact point for the Compliance Department as needed.
- Participate in and serve as an additional coordination point for all internal and external audits.
- Coordinate any compliance inquiries, complaints/grievances and flags for review with potential violations of internal/external regulatory policies.
- Support the DCC with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus;
- Must be organized and self-motivated.
- Experience with Microsoft office products
- Working knowledge of healthcare requirements including Medicaid, Medicare and HIPAA
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.