Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Program Director who woll be under the supervision of the Senior Administrator of OASAS Residential Programs, the Program Director ensures quality care and oversees the functions of the program according to regulatory bodies and accreditation requirements. This individual is responsible for the oversight and implementation of care and resources for the purpose of meeting the physical, emotional and social needs of clients. The Program Director provides supervision of all programs’ services and works to develop, implement, track, report, and evaluate measurable outcomes.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the sites’ operations - including but not limited to clinical, operations, service delivery, compliance to contracts, targets (individual and group sessions, treatment planning, discharge planning, case management, employment, retention and placements, medical and chart compliance, recreational activities, security, maintenance, medication, food service, physical plant, etc.)
- Provide leadership, guidance, direction, and supervision to all staff to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables, targets and benchmarks
- Interview, hire, supervise, and set up training to program personnel to reach program goals
- Conduct performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, resignations, and terminations
- Monitor and maintain the fiscal condition of the program
- Develop program content to address clients needs related to relapse prevention, stages of change, motivational interviewing, parenting skills, child and mother health, federal, state, city and Acacia Network rules and regulations
- Ensure and maintain all regulatory agency (i.e. NYS OASAS, SAMHSA) standards are in compliance (related to reporting, physical plant, food and emergency supplies, medical, personal belongings, mail, treatment, discharges, etc.).
- Understand all aspects of contract and licensing requirements and communicate this understanding to staff
- Responsible for the overall administration of the site, food service, procurement of equipment and supplies for program and staff
- Plan, interpret all policies and procedures for staff; ensure implementation of all policies and procedures
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract's goals and performance targets as outlined
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate social/recreations/peer support and skills building events
- Communicate with peers at other programs on issues related to client progress and best practices
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and conduct regular staff/departmental meetings
- Set realistic weekly and monthly performance goals in accordance with contract requirements with reporting staff
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and statistical information for both Acacia Network management and regulatory agencies
- Review the analysis of program and demographic client data to make programmatic improvements
- Contact vendors and/or sub-contractors to ensure appropriate service deliveries and quality
- Connect with community leaders to build connections, gain support and troubleshoot issues/concerns\
- Conduct regular internal file review and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients (i.e.-address and investigate client complaints)
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff
- Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems, and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Provide assistance and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients
- Conduct and document one-on-one supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance (i.e. identify training needs, professional development, etc.)
- Serve as the Incident Commander for the entire facility
- Report all incidents that may subject Acacia Network to liability to the Program Administrator
- Review and sign all time sheets
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned overtime.
- A valid NYS License, (LCSW, LMSW or LMHC)
- CASAC preferred
- Four (4) years experience in the human service field
- One (1) years of experience preferred in the provision of alcohol and substance abuse
- One (1) years of adolescent experience preferred
- Two (2) of administrative and supervisory experience
- Basic computer skills for word processing and excel spreadsheet
- Good communication skills.
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred.
- Experience in staff training and development
- An understanding of funding and industry regulations and a track record of meeting compliance standards
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*