Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and office support for the Vice President and coordinates with the administration to ensure operations. Duties may include fielding taking minutes, organizing and tracking all approval submissions, managing payroll and scheduling, addressing telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, filing and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
Responsibilties consist of but not limited to:
- Accepts incoming and outgoing calls, maintains accurate messages and disseminates same
- Sorts, scans, files and delivers mail
- Reroutes, transmits, completes or delivers reports to all departments
- Ensure all check requests, petty cash and billing is completed accurately, tracked and submitted timely
- Keep notes and minutes on all departmental meetings and needs
- Ensure inventory and supply orders are submitted as per policy, approved, and tracked
- Ensure departmental payroll is accurate and complete, coordinate discrepancies with payroll and support Administrators and directors in completion as needed
- Acts as directed by the VP’s office in providing support and communication between the VP’s office and internal and external partners.
- Provide assistance as needed in special assigned projects, including reporting and tracking deliverables
- Accepts and perform temporary or long term assignments to various departments
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment
- Demonstrates strong follow up skills and ensures complete close out of open items
- Develop a comprehensive filing system, and manage and maintain all files
- Consult with department administrators concerning the operation of their department to assist in eliminating/correction problem areas and/or improvement of services. Report such findings/solutions to the VP
- 2+ year’s previous relevant experience in Administrative Assistant preferred.
- Strong Excel and Microsoft capabilities
- Excellent Communication and Writing Skill
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with discretion and diplomacy
- Must be able to multi task with strong organization sills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*