Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant to provide front-office support for the Human Resources department and assist in a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The ideal incumbent will have impeccable interpersonal and customer service skills and will have a proven track record of dealing effectively with employees at all levels within the organization. A high degree of personal integrity is essential, as this position deals with sensitive/confidential information on a regular basis.
- Front Office Support:
- Operates multi-line phone system, answering lines, directing calls, and taking messages as appropriate.
- Greets and assists all persons who enter the Human Resources office and facilitates concerns/requests in a polite and efficient manner.
- Distributes various HR forms to employees, applicants and new hires.
- Creates ID badges for all employees.
- Recruitment Support:
- Receives and sorts all resumes and applications for employment ensuring all applications are completed fully and forwards to the appropriate Human Resources Manager and/or Director of Human Resources.
- Schedules interviews for Human Resources Director and/or Managers as needed.
- Conducts pre-screening reference checks.
- Assists in coordination of open house events, job/career fair events.
- Prepares and maintains supply of new hire packets and all HR-related forms.
- Administrative Support:
- Processes all employment verification requests (internal and external).
- Creates employment verification letters and other correspondence.
- Completes all legal file record copy requests.
- Opens, sorts and distributes office mail.
- Schedule meetings for Director of Human Resources as needed.
- Orders, maintains and tracks office supplies/inventory.
- Completes copier projects.
- Clerical Support:
- Provides continuous maintenance of the Human Resources files/file room and is accountable for the filing of all Human Resources documents, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and maintenance of files in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Enters data into ADP, ensuring accuracy and data integrity (new employee information, status changes, performance evaluations, etc).
- High School Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in office setting required.
- Knowledge of commonly-used Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels, handling confidential issues and information with discretion.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Intermediate PC skills including MS Office, HRIS familiarity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is a critical component of this position as well as a commitment to completing all work functions in compliance with State, Federal and City employment regulations and organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*