Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking dynamic Residential Aides who will be the primary connection between the operations staff and the residents. The Residential Aides spend a large amount of time with the residents focusing on helping clients who need more hands on assistance.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Perform daily room and bed inspections
- Pack up and log items for AWOL residents
- Escort residents to appointments
- Assist in the monitoring and development of resident’s independent living skills
- Perform nightly bed counts
- Serve as back up coverage for kitchen staff
- Conflict resolution between residents
- Provide backup coverage for operations desks as needed
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the building
- Monitor common areas to ensure proper usage
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor
- Prepare and submit all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Food Handler’s certificate a plus
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in a related field
- Knowledge of DHS requirements and protocols preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Basic computer literacy
- Bilingual is a plus
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*