Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking an Employment Coordinator who will work with clients to develop realistic, individualized career goals which accurately reflect the client's professional skills and interests. The Employment Coordinator will identify employment opportunities available for clients within the community. He/she will spend time in the field visiting prospective employers and developing employer relationships. He/She will also research and identify interview opportunities for individual clients.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Provide individual and group vocational counseling to assist clients in achieving their vocational and career goals.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of community based resources to provide training, education and employment opportunities.
- Conduct initial assessments of educational and vocational needs during admission/ orientation phase and develop a preliminary plan of service.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, interests, and goals using tests, records, interviews, and professional sources.
- Ensure all HRA, SSI and other requirements regarding employability and work readiness are met.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
- Provide post-placement support services to participants who are employed or in training.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 4 years of related experience in job development, vocational counseling, or job placement.
- Previous experience working in shelter program strongly preferred
- Understanding of DHS regulations
- Bilingual is a plus
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*