Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Case Manager who will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and evaluating case management activities for the program. The Case Worker works directly with individuals dealing with homelessness. The Case Manager is responsible for assessing the needs of the individuals and their families and helping them secure permanent housing.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Conduct intake interviews and assessments
- Counsel clients with confronting issues adversely affecting their lives (i.e.: mental illness, addiction, abuse)
- Ensure clients have appropriate medical insurance and are referred to medical provider
- Assist clients in finding housing and employment
- Maintain updated case files with necessary documentation
- Network with community partners
- Conduct biweekly group intakes
- Schedule weekly meetings with families in caseload.
- Create case plans and monitor plans for effectiveness.
- Maintain physical files and/or electronic files within CARES
- Evaluate new and existing client's needs to determine their immediate needs, functional capabilities and assistance needed to stabilize housing, healthcare, finances, etc.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with public agencies concerning public benefits, employment services, supportive services, housing resources, etc.
- Attend and participate in all required agency meetings: staff meetings, house meetings, in-service training and weekly case review
- Conduct home inspections as required
- Bachelor Degree in Human/Social Services, Psychology, or related field, required
- 2 years’ experience in relevant field; case management, social services, human services and substance abuse experience preferred (internship experience counts)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Bilingual is a plus
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*