Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Shift Supervisors who will provide leadership and supervision for operational staff within our Family with Children Hotels, throughout New York City. Our programs are located in and around the China Town, Time Square, and Hell’s Kitchen areas. The Shift Supervisor will ensure that all policies and procedures are enforced at all times in order to maintain our mission of excellence and service to our community.
This position provides Full-Time and Part- Time opportunities with a flexible schedule.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Assist the director with work schedules and assignments for the staff
- Generates work schedules and assignments for the operations staff, security and maintenance personnel
- Provides or arranges for house coverage for unscheduled absences and other unexpected situations
- Provides training to new staff
- Monitor staff and assign tasks as necessary
- Arrange for coverage for unscheduled absences and other unexpected situations
- Record and respond to incidents, client issues, and complaints
- Track client property and store in lock up
- Ensure daily census is monitored and correct; ensure CARES is updated daily
- Perform weekly reconciliations to ensure all metro cards are accounted for and being distributed according to policy
- Assist with intakes of new and returning clients, and submits them for approval
- Keep records of safety, fire and building inspections
- Monitor all fire and safety equipment to ensure it is functional at all times
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in a residential and/or shelter setting
- Must have supervisory experience
- Experience working with homeless and/or low and mixed-income population in addition to experience in child welfare, family work, and substance abuse
- Understanding of low-income and homeless individuals and their specific needs
- Knowledge of crisis prevention, intervention, and resolution techniques; match such techniques to particular circumstances and individuals
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*