Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking Maintenance Workers who will be responsible for the general maintenance of the facilities which include but are not limited to repairs on heating and air conditioning equipment, hardware repairs, repairing light fixtures, plumbing repairs, moving equipment/furniture, painting and plastering walls, driving company vehicles and general carpentry needs of the facilities.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Maintain the physical plant and facility in a safe and secure manner.
- Assure that the building has adequate heat or air conditioning, light, water and sewage disposal at all times; be on duty during interruptions of any of these to coordinate repairs and emergency contingency plans.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair physical plant problems as assigned.
- Maintains inventory of all departmental tools; issues and records the distribution and return of all tools used for daily.
- Adhere to Fire Safety / Emergency Regulations, Resident Rights and interests, general and special policies and procedures of the Facility.
- Perform services as designed at the Facility Manager; maintains grounds and properties owned and/or operated by the organization in compliance with all applicable codes, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all garbage and trash, including hazardous materials, are disposed of properly.
- Perform in a wide range of trades including but not limited to maintenance, test, repair, installation and replacement of parts and equipment involving general skills in carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electricity, HVAC, refrigeration, sanitation, grounds, painting, wall covering, cleaning transportation and the preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain a clean, neat appearance wearing prescribed uniform at all times.
- Cleans all dust, dirt and debris accumulated as a result of maintenance performed, equipment malfunction and resulting repair, construction or renovation.
- Accurately completes job logs, records and other work order documentation as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Current Boiler Operator Certificate a plus
- 3-5 years maintenance experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter. Excellent time management skills
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*