Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC-2, LMHC, OR LMSW) to provide alcoholism and substance abuse counseling services for our SMART program at Greenhope. The Substance Abuse Counselor will provide comprehensive assessment services to clients who may have substance abuse barriers to employment by applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Develops and conducts group individual and family counseling on a scheduled basis to caseload clients/residents
- Obtain weekly random urine samples according to established protocol
- Orients clients/residents about program goals, objectives, rules and regulations, client’s obligations, client’s rights and program operation
- Demonstrates knowledge of group work management techniques and uses those techniques appropriately
- Demonstrates appropriate treatment planning and clinical intervention
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate documentation
- Provides education and information to the client about alcohol and drug abuse
- Maintains and updates referral services and resources that may be useful to our client/resident population; makes referral when necessary and appropriate
- Prepare legal monthly reports monthly or as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required for certified CASAC-2
- Masters of Social Work from an accredited institution required. NYS Licensed LMSW or LMHC
- Must have 3+ years of previous experience in OASAS program
- Have strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment including working with children (0-5years)Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Able to work flexible hours
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*