Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Clinical Therapist who will be responsible for the provision of short and long term psychotherapy to a caseload of psychiatrically diagnosed individuals. The clinician is key at assessing, screening and connecting individuals with appropriate levels of care. This position requires great organizational and time management skills. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Provide individual and group services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness aimed at assisting them in achieving their life role goals and maintain overall wellness.
- Provision of services that are OMH compliant and in line with standards of care.
- Maintain collaborative and compliant documentation that meets OMH and organizational expectations.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in person-centered treatment planning, including risk assessment and crisis planning
- Provide DSM diagnostic assessment and treatment plan and make appropriate recommendations and referrals and document in accordance with regulatory agencies and policy and procedures.
- Conduct regular collateral follow up with treatment partners as clinically indicated.
- Work closely with clients to reach an agreement on formal treatment plan that address mental health co-morbidity treatment, including improving adherence to recommended treatment.
- Evaluate and provide therapeutic interventions individuals and in groups using evidenced-based practices.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or an equivalent related field required
- License or limited permit in Social Work or an equivalent related field required
- Previous relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality
- Bilingual is a plus
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*