Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Licensed Practical Nurse who will provide medical care and services, including health history, physical examination, office procedures, referral, counseling and follow up care.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Under the supervision of the nurse manager, act as the health coordinator.
- Review referred potential client medical histories submitted by the intake department
- Assist with referring clients to appropriate health care provider specialists.
- Assist with managing the symptoms of withdrawal for clients who are in the stabilization element of care, this may include referral to seek further medical attention
- Conduct medical assessments with all new clients
- Assist with managing client prescriptions with various pharmacy, focusing on ChemRx
- Coordinates with the client’s primary care physicians to inform decisions regarding management and treatment of problems identified and provides care as prescribed by physician.
- Manage client care: follow up plan and monitor progress, determine when referral to another provider is necessary and make arrangements for further care, determine when emergency room visit is necessary and when illness is resolved.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members regarding modification of treatment as necessary according to health concerns.
- Monitoring the wellness center to promote organized and efficient medication tracking, refills, and disposal of medication, as needed.
- Document all medications in electronic health record system, AWARDS.
- May participate in staff meeting or professional development activities as needed.
- Documents pertinent information regarding resident conditions as per policy/procedure
- Tasks may be modified, expanded, and/or assigned over time as needed
- Licensed Practical Nurse from an accredited Nursing school with appropriate educational degrees.
- State of New York license and certification.
- BLS/CPR certification is required.
- Practical experience in health care facility.
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/abuse population.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and written.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*