Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Counselor who will be responsible for working with juvenile in the Youth Department to help rehabilitate and reintegrate them into the community or with families and communities, providing individual counseling or facilitating intensive intervention programs aimed at serious and/or repeat youth and adult offenders.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Provide clinical assessment and diagnosis on clients who present with symptoms of mental illness.
- Provide psychotherapeutic services to clients with mental health diagnosis (e.g. Depression/ Bi-polar/Substance Abuse).
- Facilitate a weekly clinical seminar for all agency MSW, MHC, BSW student interns.
- Provide clinical/task supervision for agency interns MSW,MHC,BSW
- Conduct mental health status determinations during intake and on an as needed basis.
- Consult with primary counselors on clients with special needs
- Provide trauma informed care for clients diagnosed with PTSD
- Provide individual and group counseling to clinical staff with emphasis on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Provide individual and group counseling to clinical staff with emphasis on trauma informed care.
- Provide supervision treatment of all cases requiring social worker level involvement
- Conduct seminars and training for other clinical staff on various mental health diagnoses
- Facilitate interdisciplinary treatment teams and case conferences to determine client care and treatment planning.
- Work in close liaison with agency staff to provide collateral services mental health services.
- Facilitate weekly peer supervision (group) for clinical team aimed at increasing the understanding of client mental health as well as mental illness challenges.
- Provide counseling for all clients on an as needed basis in addition to monitoring for changes in mental health status.
- Administer mental health diagnostic tools to monitor and establish baseline for treatment.
- Provide crisis intervention on as needed basis.
- Facilitate clinical Pass Meetings on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate client discharge planning review committee on 2x/monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field.
- Must be a QHP: CASAC, LMSW and/or LMHC (MHC with limited permit will be considered)
- Interested in working with people living with substance abuse and psychiatric issues in a residential setting.
- Ability to make decisions based on education preparation and experience, which reflect consistency with agency philosophy, policies and procedures, standards of care and review body requirements.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*