Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse who will be an integral member of our Primary Health Care team. The RN will ensure clinical quality, service quality and assist Primary Care Administrator with budget constraints to make sure they are maintained in accordance with organizational goals and objectives. Our ideal candidates will ensure clinic flow is established by serving as a liaison between provider needs and clinical resources. Provides leadership and manages support staff for medical clinics. Provide professional services that complement the provider’s role of delivering primary health care services.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Administers medications and treatments to individuals in our care.
- Works with members of the medical team in order to provide individualized high quality health care.
- Prepares patients to be seen by doctors or specialists.
- Evaluates and carries out routine care, acute care and chronic disease management
- Assists providers with those examinations and treatments that cannot be delegated to auxiliary staff
- Observes, reports and documents significant physical, psychosocial or safety status changes and assessments in the patient’s condition to appropriate members of health care team and nurse manager.
- Completes blood work and diagnostics tests.
- Records medical information, vitals, and other client-related data.
- Educates patient on healthcare, prevention, and related topics in order to promote health and wellness outside of the clinic.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.
- 3 years of experience with at least 1 year of related experience working in mental health and behavioral health field.
- Ability to thrive in a culturally diverse environment.
- Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of EHR, EMR.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*