Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
As a member of our Nursing Team, you will be responsible for performing assignments as delegated by a RN or LPN under compliance with facility policy/procedure. All assignments are performed within the scope of the CNA’s responsibility to provide safe care.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Bathes residents in the tub, shower, bed, at sink, etc. as directed by licensed nurse and appropriate to situation.
- Assists in meal/nutrition/hydration related activities
- Assists resident in toileting needs including but not limited to: applying/removing urosheath (condom catheter) if needed, reporting any changes in bowel/bladder patterns or habits, administers enemas as directed (Fleets, SSE, TWE), changing urinary drainage/leg bags when directed and changing/applying colostomy bags if needed
- Assists resident with grooming activities which include: dressing, hair combing, shaving and applying make-up
- Participates in maintaining the environment of care
- Participates in the management of clothing for residents
- Participates in the surveillance, prevention and control of infection
- Participates in the Continuum of Care and the Education of residents
- Transports and transfers residents as required. This includes transfers from surface to surface (e.g. bed to chair) as well as transporting from place to place within and outside the facility
- Monitors resident skin condition
- Performs documentation as required on unit logs/records and resident medical records as required.
- Maintains a clean work area, i.e.: utility rooms, treatment room, pantry, nurses’ station, staff lounge, etc.
- Takes an interest in the residents’ involvement with activities and assists with recreational activities.
- Assists with admission and discharge activities.
- Accounts for linen and helps keep linen area neat and orderly.
- Reports to unit nurse when unit supplies need to be replenished.
- Complies with departmental policies regarding attendance, work schedules, and dress code.
- Attends ongoing educating programs to include at least 6 hours of in-service education every six months.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience with continuum of care and education of residents
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Able to work flexible hours
- Bilingual is a plus
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*