Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a LPN who will be responsible for overseeing the medication administration of the community residence program. Our ideal candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to provide appropriate care based on the assigned unit.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Oversees the medication administration in the Community Residences
- Ensures Medication Administration Records (MARS) are up-to-date and in compliance.
- Meets with residents regarding medication to ensure understanding of prescribed medication
- Educates Community Residence Aide about the medications prescribed to the residents of the facility
- Oversees the overall functionality of the medication room.
- Communicates as indicated with prescribing providers.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all nursing activities.
- Communicates with providers as indicated for hospitalized residents to ensure seamless transition back to residence upon discharge.
- As a part of the initial evaluation and the 90-day reassessment, reviews client’s medical history including medication.
- Carries out established policies and procedures for medication and treatment administration
- Ensures all residents are stable medically.
- Associates degree required
- New York State Licensed Practical Nursing license required
- New York State CPR certification preferred.
- 3+ year’s previous relevant experience as a License Practical Nurse preferably in Mental or Behavioral Health environment.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*