Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Certified Peer Recovery Specialist requires someone who is culturally aware and sensitive to the needs of the Latino population. Our ideal candidate must possess excellent computer skills, ability to function as a part of an inter-disciplinary team, and have understanding of therapy and group work. Our therapy is rooted in evidenced based approaches for intervention and management strategies.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Providing recovery-oriented interventions for adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Working as a member of multidisciplinary treatment team that practices client centered and holistic care; accompany clients to appointments and complete warm- hand off referrals, including health homes services.
- Communicating effectively with clients and collateral contacts and conduct outreach for care coordination
- Participate in staff and organizational meetings as requested for care coordination and development of policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Participates in integrated meetings and indicators as per grant requirements.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate EBPs groups
- Participate as member of the EBPs groups curriculum development
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management.
- Working towards completing and maintaining Peer Specialist Certification
- Complete office duties as needed/required
- Complete wellness, health promotions activities
- On Call Responsibilities as designated by Director
- High School degree or GED required.
- Valid NYS Certified Peer Specialist or Certified Recovery Peer Advocate required.
- Experience or desire to work with people who have a mental illness.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Ability to complete work independently as well as in collaboration with team members.
- Must be team oriented with a willingness to be flexible and helpful.
- Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic communications tools: internet and email.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*