Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking Care Managers to provide patient advocacy, outreach, education and clinical services. The activities are tailored to meet the unique needs of the communities. We service 4 of the boroughs and our Care Managers are required to travel and assist members in all 4 boroughs. Staten Island excluded.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Conduct vigorous outreach, through letter, phone and field work, to identify and locate potential clients either referred through the community or by the lead Health Home
- Provide intensive care management services to clients living with chronic illnesses and their families/support systems and advocate aggressively for clients to obtain the full range of needed services and ensures coordination of these services
- Assist Health Home Care Managers with gathering Health Home enrollment consents, RHIO consents, and assists in the completion of screenings, baseline-risk assessments, reassessments, plans of care, plans of care updates; Completes progress notes in accordance with Health Home and departmental policies
- Participate in quality improvement activities, projects and reviews
- Complete periodic requests for narrative or quantitative data reports for program review
- Identify new sources of potential clients and conduct outreach presentations as requested
- Meet regularly with supervisor and attend staff meetings. Be prepared to discuss clinical and operational issues impacting performance and program operations
- Complete and submit daily activity log in accordance with departmental policies
- Maintain and update caseload tracking tool; communicate changes to Health Home Care Managers, Administrative Assistant or Supervisor as directed
- Escort clients to appointments/entitlement offices to gain, maintain or regain eligibility; Verify client eligibility through ePACES as requested
- Assess and respond per agency guidelines to client complaints or grievances
- Promote linkage development and monitors the effectiveness of linkages with other service providers via phone, face to face meetings or formal case conferences
- Help maintain health and wellness and prevent secondary disease complications
- Ensure community-follow up to engage the client in care; promotes compliance with medical appointments and encourages client self-sufficiency and empowerment
- Communicate timely and effectively with Health Home Care Managers on status of client and/or outcomes of advocacy and escort
- Coordinate schedule and appointments with Health Navigator to ensure client attendance at appointments or engage in outreach efforts
- Organize fieldwork to maximize delivery of service to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree required in social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreation or recreation therapy, counseling, community mental health, child and family studies, sociology, speech and hearing or other human services fields
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience in the social services field
- Bilingual is a plus
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of organization, community and/or social service resources and programs.
We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*