Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Certified Peer Specialist who is culturally aware and sensitive to the needs of the population that we serve. The Peer Specialist have understanding of therapy and group work rooted in evidenced based approaches for intervention and management strategies.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Provide recovery oriented interventions for adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illnesses
- Accompany clients to appointments
- Participate in staff and organizational meetings
- Facilitate and co-facilitate EBPs groups
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred
- NYS Certified Peer Specialist or Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA)
- Must have at least 1 year of experience or desire to work with people who have a mental illness
- Ability to complete work independently as well as in collaboration with team members
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills
- Must maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*