Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Acacia Network is searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor who will join our detox and rehabilitation team. The Registered Nurse Supervisor who will coordinate care between other professional disciplines as needed. Through documentation and verbal communication, essential information is shared with health care team members. When care is not provided directly by the Nurse Supervisor, the Nurse Supervisor assigns/delegates care to other qualified members of the health team. The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory experience and will be able to work from 12:00pm- 8:00pm.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Uses computer for basic word processing and / or basic spreadsheet use
- Uses a variety of software packages to maintain databases and create complex, custom reports
- Supervises all the LPN’s and monitors productivity to ensures policies and procedures are being followed
- Assists the Medical Director with the history and physicals of the outpatient clients
- Conducts monthly audits of client records and present the results to the QA committee.
- Develops an action plan to address trends
- Dispensing of methadone as required
- Conduct preliminary nursing assessments
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly reports of the methadone clinic
- Reviews policies and procedures with Regional Director and participates in any changes that need to be tailored to the Albany operation
- Participates in weekly client case conferences
- Conducts “Health related topics” group meeting
- Assists the medical or program director with the day to day operations when necessary
- Follows clearly defined policies and procedures
- Associates degree in Nursing required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in NYS
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in substance abuse program required
- Supervisory experience required
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*