Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Dance Instructor who has a true passion for youth development. The incumbent will facilitate service learning, create lessons, projects and objectives that meet the individual students’ needs. He/she fosters an atmosphere of fun and learning and serves as a role model to youth, always conducting him/herself in the utmost professional manner.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- The Dance Instructor provides quality programming to youngsters in our middle school programs.
- Develops, choreographs, and teaches routines to school-aged children in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Develops special shows and choreographs student events for the holidays and end of the year events.
- Works in conjunction with theatre/drama club instructor to teach routines within musicals, plays.
- Engages in homework help and educational enrichment.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Must have at least 1 year of previous experience working with school-aged children
- Must have prior experience teaching dance and choreography to school-aged children
- Understand DOH, DYCD, and DOE regulations in an after school setting
- Have a passion for providing youth with the tools they need to be successful
- Able to communicate effectively with parents, students, and faculty
- Must have availability to work Monday through Friday for the school year, between the hours of 2:00pm to 6:00 pm.
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*