Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Acacia Network is searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) Manager who will join our Carlos Pagan Out-Patient Clinic. The Registered Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the highest quality of care possible. The Registered Nurse participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information about nursing services. The RN Manager coordinates care between other professional disciplines as needed. Through documentation and verbal communication, essential information is shared with health care team members. When care is not provided directly by the Registered Nurse Manager the RN assigns/delegates care to other qualified members of the health care team. The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory experience. Able to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality. We are seeking individuals who are interested in working in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn, New York.
This position is full-time Monday- Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Supports and promotes the philosophy, objective, policies and procedures of Acacia’s Care Facility and the Nursing Department
- Responsible for providing leadership and supervision to the nursing staff and related level staff.
- Will greet patients and prepare them for physical examination and treatment.
- Will maintain medical supplies and equipment.
- Provides education as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the patient, staff members and students.
- Assess the patient’s physical and psycho-social condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care.
- Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity.
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of equipment, instrumentation and medications.
- Adhere to the standards, policies, procedures and goals of the medical center.
- Act as a liaison in coordinating patient care activities with nurses, physicians and allied health professionals.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing required.
- Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in NYS
- CPR Certification
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in substance abuse program required
- Supervisory and management experience required
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*