Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who will provide general medical care and treatment to patients at our Methadone to Abstinence Men’s Residential Program.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patient
- Evaluate and interpret patient data in order to plan and implement appropriate nursing intervention
- Provide general nursing services within scope of license and patient safety goals
- Triage patients, in urgent care, if required and provide appropriate care
- Complete medical records in accordance to organizational policy
- Prescribe and administer medications based on patient needs and care plan
- Conduct patient education after assessing patient needs and prior knowledge
- Participate in staff and organizational meetings as requested for care coordination and development of policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management
- Bachelors Degree - Nursing/Related Field Plus completion of Accredited NP Program required. Masters Degree in Nursing/Related field preferred
- PMH-NP or NPP Licensed in New York State
- Valid and verifiable Medical Assistant Certification required
- 3 years of practical experience in ambulatory care required
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*