Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse who will be responsible for providing and coordinating health care services while assuring optimal health care services for the consumers in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the agency. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining all required documentation as required by OPWDD and agency policies.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Participate in pre-admission committee and screening on prospective consumers
- Participate in discharge committee of existing consumers
- Develop, review and update consumer annual nursing treatment plans, at least quarterly (more frequently when indicated by consumer need)
- Conduct in service (OSHA, etc.) for clinical and direct care workers
- Complete pouring for AMAP qualified staff
- Complete pharmacy reviews; on an as needed basis
- Review menstrual charts, seizure charts, bowel movement charts, body check sheets, MARS book, vital sign books, medication count book, doctors consults, follow ups, etc.
- Maintains on call coverage as needed
- Nursing reports to be forwarded to PWDD for consumer 30 day, annual and semi-annual meetings
- Review all laboratory works/records
- Review monthly medication record of each consumer for potential adverse reactions, allergies, interaction, rationality and laboratory test modifications; advise the physician of any medication errors and indicated changes
- Carries out all relevant policies and procedures of the agency issued by management in accordance with OPWDD and/or other funding agency guidelines.
- Associates degree required
- Registered Nurse License required
- At least 3 years of nursing experience
- Previous experience working with adults with developmental disabilities
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*