Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Care Manager/MSC who will be responsible for coordinating services for our clients with developmental disabilities within the community. He/she will be responsible for updating and maintaining files according to OPWDD regulations.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with families to provide support to and advocate for clients
- Coordinate linkage to service providers for the families she/he serves
- Conduct 3 face to face visits per year
- Complete monthly case notes
- Remains in contact with service providers monthly
- Send referrals for annual physical, evaluations, and services
- Remains in contact with the families he/she serves
- Develops and maintains the ISP’s and semi annuals
- Advocate on behalf of the individual
- Network with other providers to coordinate needed services
- Possesses the ability to work unsupervised in the community
- Maintains charts within OPWDD compliance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have 2+ years of Medicaid coordination and case management experience
- Ability to complete fifteen training hours per year as per OPWDD regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter. Excellent time management skills
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*