Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Acacia Network is searching for Assistant Cooks that will provide support in the kitchen in order to prepare food, cook, and clean the kitchen. Our ideal candidate has previous experience working in senior services, nursing homes, or adult-based programming.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of approximately 200 congregate meals (60 breakfasts, 140 lunches) on a daily basis.
- Maintains compliance with all guidelines and procedures regarding food service as set forth by the Department for the Aging and the Department of Health
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate food temperatures, portion sizes, and proper utilization of all food provisions, supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Department for the Aging and the Department of Health.
- In conjunction with the Center’s Menu Committee, Center Director, and the Director of Nutrition Services, develops monthly menu with planned meals representing the cultural diversity of the Center’s senior population.
- Works with the Center Director in developing supply orders and maintaining inventory of all food service related items.
- Participates in monthly Menu Committee Meetings.
- Attends trainings as deemed appropriate by the Center Director.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Food handler’s certificate
- 2 years’ experience preparing meals for large groups such as in restaurants, catering halls, or congregate setting
- Must be in good health, have the ability to stand long hours and be able to lift heavy objects
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Bilingual Spanish Required
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*