Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Super/Handyman to be responsible for the general maintenance of the facilities. The Superintendent will perform a wide range of trades including but not limited to maintenance, test, repair, installation and replacement of parts and equipment involving general skills in carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electricity, boilers, HVAC, refrigeration, sanitation, grounds, painting, wall covering, cleaning transportation and the preventative maintenance program.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Participate in work requiring maintenance, as a back-up, repair, construction and replacement activities as necessary
- Reports all hazardous, or potential problems
- Maintain Electrical System by checking circuit panels, replace breakers, repair switches and outlets
- Replace ballast, starter, light tubes, sockets, etc
- Maintain the physical plant and facility in a safe and secure manner
- Assure that the building has adequate heat or air conditioning, light, water and sewage disposal at all times; be on duty during interruptions of any of these to coordinate repairs and emergency contingency plans
- Inspect, diagnose and repair physical plant problems as assigned
- Maintains inventory of all departmental tools; issues and records the distribution and return of all tools used for daily
- Ensure that all garbage and trash, including hazardous materials, are disposed of properly
- Maintains a clean, neat appearance wearing prescribed uniform at all times
- Accurately completes job logs, records and other work order documentation as required
- Subject to 24-hour recall, irregular hours for the purpose of adequate manning, emergencies and special projects / programs as the situation dictates; routinely works in accordance with the established work schedule
- High School Diploma or GED required
- S-95 a plus
- NYS Driver’s License a plus
- Three (3) years relevant work experience
- Have strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Ability to travel throughout New York City with the exception of Staten Island.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Bilingual is a plus
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*