Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a leasing specialist who will be primarily responsible for the marketing, leasing of vacant units, maintaining the occupancy levels per company standards, and providing administrative support to the Property Management Department.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Markets units per Property Management marketing plan requirements/ government restrictions. (Marketing activity may include contacting local organizations, posting notices and/or advertising.)
- Conducts marketing activities to create and maintain a waiting list.
- Assists with screening applicants, selecting tenants and notifying applicants of the status of their applications (approved, denied, wait listed).
- Enters new tenant information in Property Management Software (Yardi).
- Transfers/establishes utilities and issues keys.
- Receives 1st month rent and security deposit.
- Administers leasing renewals, transfers, move outs and relocations.
- Assists with tenant recertification for assisted housing programs as required.
- Maintains Weekly Leasing Status Reports and enforces violations of the lease and house rules.
- Any additional duties as required by Supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience working in a community –based setting.
- Basic computer skills for word processing and spreadsheet use.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Familiar with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office management software
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*