Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Initiates the on-boarding process for all new hires for assigned programs.
- Coordinates completion of all steps the pre-employment process to include background checks, reference checks, employment verifications and collection of required documents(diplomas, degrees, IDs, certifications, licensures, etc.)
- Completes New Hire Checklist in its entirety for all new hires to ensure compliance andl egally sound hiring practices.
- Prepares new hire parperwork for employee transfers, promotions and terminations and othe rchanges
- Prepares final employee file for all new hires ensuring proper filing of all documents and HR forms consistent with departmental standards.
- Submits weekly HR update reports regarding status of new hires and transfers.
- Assists with tracking and compliance of various Human Resources deliverables (Annual Mandatory In-services, Talent Reviews, Open Enrollment, etc.)
- Assists Human Resources Team in various HR related projects and initiatives as needed
- Assists with various hiring projects, job fairs, filing projects and audits for Acacia Networkprogram/entities.
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality at all times with all Human Resources information.
- Provides general support to Human Resources department.
- Serve as a back for the HR Assistant needed.
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in Human Resources Healthcare Industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development,Business Management or an equivalent related field preferred.
• Knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring, benefit administration and compensation.
• Experience with medical/dental/life insurance enrollment and administration.
• Knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
• Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
• Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
• Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
• Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB and EZ Labor.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
• Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*