We are hiring Medical Assistants to work within our Internal Medicine department. As a Medical Assistant you will support a dynamic and professional team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and other providers that provide quality healthcare to our patients. The MA supports patient care, clerical duties, and laboratory activities.
Qualified individuals that are contacted in consideration for this position may be invited to attend a special holiday event that we are holding on Wednesday, December 13th.
- High School Diploma required and Medical Assistant Certificate or completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1 year of related experience in the healthcare sector
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficiency with computers and software
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-volume environment
- Kindness, compassion, and patient-centered work ethic
- Prepares examination rooms, stocks inventory, and sterilizes instruments.
- Obtain vital signs, chief complaint, and medical history and accurately records in medical records.
- Assists providers during all aspects of exams, treatments, and procedures.
- Registers and verifies patient demographics.
- Schedules appointments and recalls patients for required services.
Starting Compensation: Minimum: $21.00/hour ($43,680 annually); Maximum: $21.00/hour ($43,680 annually)
As a full time associate at Urban Health Plan, you'll enjoy:
- Fully funded Health Insurance for you/73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental, Vision, and prescription Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including 3% annual employer contribution)
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- Flex Spending Accounts (Health care, Dependent Care, and Commuter Benefits)
- Entertainment Discount Programs
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Eligibility to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Fitness Discounts and Perks through our medical plan
- $50,000 term life Insurance
Work Environment Type, Location, and Schedule:
Candidates must possess availability to work onsite based out of our Bronx Community Health Center, El Nuevo San Juan working Tuesday - Saturday 8am-5pm/9am-6pm.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.