We are currently hiring a Nationally Certified /Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy Technician (Bilingual Spanish/English). Health Care Services Representatives, or 'HCSR II"s', are Nationally Certified Phlebotomists that possess a Medical Assistant Certificate. Our Full Time HCSR II's assist our Providers in our Bronx-based Federally Qualified Health Centers in the areas of primary health care and multi-specialty care for families in our community. Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and thrive in a fast-paced and high volume medical setting.
Qualified individuals that are contacted in consideration for this position may be invited to attend a special holiday event that we are holding on Wednesday, December 13th.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant AND National Certification as Phlebotomy Technician required OR Certified Clinical Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant (CCMA), required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 6 months to 1 year of related clinical experience required.
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficiency with computers and software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Process blood draws and administers PPDs when required.
- Prepare examination rooms and equipment.
- Obtain vital signs, chief complaints, and medical history and accurately records in medical records.
- Completes referrals and discharges patients.
- Assists providers and nurses during all aspects of exams.
- Assist provider with treatments
- Schedules appointments, verifies insurance and demographic information.
Starting Compensation: Minimum: $21.00/hour ($43,680 annually); Maximum: $21.00/hour ($43,680 annually)
As a full time associate at Urban Health Plan, you'll enjoy:
- Fully funded Health Insurance for you/73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental, Vision, and prescription Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including 3% annual employer contribution)
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- Flex Spending Accounts (Health care, Dependent Care, and Commuter Benefits)
- Entertainment Discount Programs
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Eligibility to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Fitness Discounts and Perks through our medical plan
- $50,000 term life Insurance
Work Environment Type, Location, and Schedule:
The HCSR-II will work based out of Bella Vista Community Health Center (Family Health Center) in the Bronx working Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.