We are seeking full time Certified Medical Assistants (Bilingual Spanish/English) to join our team at Plaza del Sol Family Health Center (PDS)! As a Medical Assistant at PDS, you will support providers in the areas of internal medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN, and other support services.
- High School Diploma required along with Medical Assistant Certificate from accredited program.
- 0-1 year of previous experience working in healthcare setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficiency with computers and software (previous experience with electronic health records is a plus)
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Kindness, compassion, and patient-focused.
- Prepares examination rooms, maintains inventory, and sterilizes instruments.
- Obtain vital signs, chief complaint, and medical history and accurately records in medical records.
- Assists providers during all aspects of exams.
- Assists provider with treatments.
- Maintains clinical logs including glucometers and room logs.
- Performs CLIA Waived testing, EKGs, and Nitric Oxide tests.
- Registers and verifies patient demographics.
- Schedules appointments and recalls patients for required services.
Starting Compensation: Minimum: $21.00/hour ($43,680 annually); Maximum: $21.00/hour ($43,680 annually)
As a full time associate at Urban Health Plan, you'll enjoy:
- Fully funded Health Insurance for you/73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental, Vision, and prescription Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including 3% annual employer contribution)
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- Flex Spending Accounts (Health care, Dependent Care, and Commuter Benefits)
- Entertainment Discount Programs
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Eligibility to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Fitness Discounts and Perks through our medical plan
- $50,000 term life Insurance
Work Environment Type, Location, and Schedule:
Based in Corona, Queens, PDS is our second largest health center and has over a decade of history providing comprehensive primary care services to the Corona community.
Candidates must possess availability to work shifts that fall between the hours of 7am-6pm between Mondays and Saturdays.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.