The Health Educator will be a member of our Pediatrics Department at our flagship community health center, El Nuevo San Juan in The Bronx. The Health Educator will be responsible for providing high quality, health literate, culturally competent and evidence-based health coaching and education to Urban Health Plan's patients and community.
- Focus on disease prevention and chronic disease self-management through individual and group sessions.
- Strive to empower patients and community members by providing clinically approved content.
- Participate in community outreach, tabling, health fairs, community and waiting room presentations.
- Receive content support, complete assessment evaluation, and facilitate required materials.
- Provide support to the Pediatric department in other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in health education, health promotion, and community health, or another related field of study preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred.
- Previous exposure to working in a community based organization or healthcare setting is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to excellence and to providing quality service to patients.
Work Environment Type, Location, and Schedule:
Onsite, Bronx, NY, Monday - Friday 8am-5pm with required weekend shift every other Saturday and a day off during the week.
Minimum: $44,000 annually; Maximum: $44,000 annually
As a full time associate at Urban Health Plan, you'll enjoy:
- Fully funded Health Insurance for you/73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental, Vision, and prescription Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including 3% annual employer contribution)
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- Flex Spending Accounts (Health care, Dependent Care, and Commuter Benefits)
- Entertainment Discount Programs
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Eligibility to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Fitness Discounts and Perks through our medical plan
- $50,000 term life Insurance
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.