We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse to join our School Based Health Department at Urban Health Plan. In school health we provide elementary, middle-school, and high school students with comprehensive primary care, dental, and mental health care. We span across a dozen schools, primarily in the South Bronx, as well as in the Elmhurst/Corona sections of Queens. As the School Health Nurse, you will provide patient care to students within our Bronx School Health sites. You will join an interdisciplinary team of physicians, physicians assistants, nurse practitioners, clinical social workers, medical assistants/phlebotomists, and administration to carry out quality primary care within our schools.
Compensation is based on level of education and years of experience and includes a great benefits package! Position is Monday through Friday and based on a 12-month calendar.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of nursing experience is required.
- Valid NYS Registered Professional Nurse Licensure required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that includes travel between various Bronx school locations as needed.
- Previous experience in a department of education setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of EMR, a plus.
- Provides quality nursing care and medication administration.
- Observes patients conditions and assesses and records symptoms, reactions, etc.
- Assists with coordination and execution of 504 Plans and Medication Administration Forms
- Distributes non-prescription medication as indicated by provider.
- Assists with prepping patients and providing patient education.
- Ensures proper sterilization procedures.
- Administers medications, vaccines, and immunization to age-specific patients.
- Maintains health records by documenting patient contact and updating patient profile.
- Checks medical kits, equipment, supplies, and places orders as needed.
- Maintains daily logs, ensures nursing protocols, and infection control standards.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $78,000 per year; Maximum $91,000 per year
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.