We are currently hiring Nationally Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy Technicians (Bilingual Spanish/English) for our Bella Vista Community Health Center and St. Lawrence Community Health Center. Health Care Services Representatives, or 'HCSR II"s', are Nationally Certified Phlebotomists that possess a Medical Assistant Certificate.
Our Full Time HCSR II's assist our Providers in our Bronx-based Federally Qualified Health Centers in the areas of primary health care and multi-specialty care for families in our community. Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and thrive in a fast-paced and high volume medical setting.
Candidates must have availability and flexibility to work shifts that fall between 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant AND National Certification as Phlebotomy Technician required OR Certified Clinical Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant (CCMA), required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 6 months to 1 year of related clinical experience required.
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficiency with computers and software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Process blood draws and administers PPDs when required.
- Prepare examination rooms and equipment.
- Obtain vital signs, chief complaints, and medical history and accurately records in medical records.
- Completes referrals and discharges patients.
- Assists providers and nurses during all aspects of exams.
- Assist provider with treatments
- Schedules appointments, verifies insurance and demographic information.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $18.00 per hour; Maximum $18.00 per hour + $1,500 additional earning in differential pay.
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.