We are seeking a Clinical Social Worker to work within our School-Based Health Division at Urban Health Plan. Our school health division spans across 12 locations, providing public school students with primary care, dental, and mental health services. As the Clinical LMSW within our school setting, you will provide support to students by way of behavioral health screenings, crisis intervention, and individual psychotherapy.
The ideal candidate would be someone on track to becoming an LCSW. Clinical supervision is provided.
This position will be based in our school based health clinic at Newtown High School in Elmhurst, Queens.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $60,000 per year; Maximum $70,000 per year
- Master's Degree in Social Work from Accredited Institution is required.
- NYS Licensed LMSW is required.
- 1-2 years of experience providing counseling
- Bilingual Spanish/English is required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to identify high-risk psychosocial factors in patients and families that impact health status.
- Conducts evidence-based psychotherapy with students.
- Completes behavioral health screenings and assessments
- Completes initial psych assessments.
- Engages in crisis intervention.
- Collaborates with medical providers and provides consultations.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.