Urban Health Plan is currently recruiting for regular Part Time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to work within our family health centers within the Bronx. This is not a per diem, position and we are seeking nurses who have availability to work a regular 2-3 recurring shifts every week between Mondays and Saturdays 8:00am-5:00pm.
Compensation: Minimum: $40.00/hour, Maximum $40.00/hour. 16-24 hours per week, regular part time work.
Requirements- HS Diploma and Completion of Education/Training as LPN, Licensed NYS LPN, and Bilingual English/Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Assists patients with their needs.
- Provides quality nursing care.
- Assists with prepping patients and providing patient education.
- Engages in phlebotomy. Supports medical assisting duties as needed.
- Assists providers during examinations and treatments.
- Ensures proper sterilization procedures.
- Assists with administering immunization to age-specific patients.
- Maintains health records by documenting patient contact and updating patient profile.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.