|Production Group Lead
|Job Type: >
PrimeStaff has teamed up with a product development leader in the Northwest suburbs to offer a dynamic career opportunity for a Production Lead to catapult their career!!!!
Position Objective: The individual in this role supports production personnel by meeting production schedules, training staff, and meeting quality and efficiency standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Mentors new and existing staff and provides regular feedback verbally or in written from; delegates, monitors, and reviews the progress of assigned work to ensure accuracy and consistency. Addresses issues that may be interfering with production such as equipment failure, safety hazards, quality assurance, and part shortages.
2. Communicates and interprets department and Company policies; monitors the effectiveness of systems and procedures, and makes recommendations to ensure daily operations are efficient, implementing approved changes.
3. Trains and instructs new and existing staff on job functions and the proper use of equipment as well as following standardized work as provided by supporting team members; monitors the effectiveness of training tools and makes recommendations for changes.
4. Sustains and drives lean manufacturing and 5S activities and ensures compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
5. Confidentially handles usual, unusual or difficult inquiries or situations, or may direct to the appropriate individual as needed; may provide documented input to supervisor for performance reviews, corrective action, performance improvement and candidate selection.
6. Interprets daily productivity expectations and organizes employees and equipment to fulfill daily targets.
7. Intuitively alert to the actions and activity of the team and equipment being used as it relates to the quality of work being performed along with the health and safety of the team. Keeps instructional aids available along with quality controls and checks in place.
8. Engages supporting team members to establish root causes of productivity or product inadequacies, and collaboratively finds solutions that improve and prevent reoccurrence.
9. Establishes and maintains best practices in creating consistency with customer specifications such as level of service and published routing guide requirements.
10. Sets up subassemblies and work stations by orders and audits production for accuracy. Enters completed units and accessories into stock through MRP system.
11. May attend meetings on safety, production, design and/or quality and leads weekly easel board meetings for production line in a cross-functional group.
12. Interacts with Quality, Design and Manufacturing Engineers regarding issues, needs and finding related to the products produced and equipment used to produce them. Cover for other Group Leads as needed.
13. Ensures tools are working properly and that hand power tools are at the proper torque setting.
14. Ensures sorting or rework is done off the line and conducts line audits of finished product. Writes up line scrap weekly.
15. Keys labor, reviews SWOs correspondence with Manufacturing Supervisors and others through email, prints changeover forms and carton labels. Reviews prints, DMRs and other documents.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); post-secondary education or certification in Lean Manufacturing, Process Flow, or related field preferred. Must have at least three years of related experience and a forklift certification or license. Work shift is Monday-Friday 6:55am – 3:25pm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems and website navigation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen effectively and be aware of production floor activity to support safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.
- Ability to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling in the preparation of written reports, emails and other documents to ensure information is clearly presented and understood by others.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate situations accurately and thoroughly to determine and implement an effective and appropriate course of action.
- Ability to provide clear and concise work direction and delegate assignments.
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress and resolve conflicts with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational and personnel policies and procedures.
PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Diverse Candidates encouraged to apply.