PrimeStaff, the leader in the Twin Cities technical staffing industry for the past 19 years, has partnered with a provider of industrial automation control systems and systems integration to offer an exciting career opportunity for a Controls Engineer.
• Familiarity with PLC hardware (Example: Allen Bradley ControlLogix, Micrologix, SLC500).
• Understanding of electronic process control components and/or parts interface.
• Ability to effectively master the entire bid process and “take-off” process including dissemination of related
specifications, design, BOM, test, assembly, installation and service.
• Understanding of, or familiarity with UL guidelines.
• Familiarity with power supplies, field devices, and enclosures.
• Work independently – trouble-shooting, problem solving, working with tech support, the customer, and
other field service representatives.
• Communicate effectively within a team and to self-study utilizing software base tutorial applications, along with
attending formal training classes.
• Represent the company’s products and services to engineers, customers, vendors, contractors and sub-
• Manage projects, control budgets, meet deadlines and achieve company objectives.
• Report daily/weekly to the project manager on the status of service calls and project.
• Basic electrical/controls troubleshooting skills. (Ability to use a multi-meter, understand current and voltage within a circuit)