|Electrical Controls Engineer
||Electrical, Controls & Software Engineering
|Job Type: >
||Contract or direct
||Associates / Technical Diploma
Our client is a leading supplier of custom automation assembly/inspection equipment in the Twin Cities area and is currently seeking a self-motivated individual who is eager to learn. They are in need of a Controls Engineer to provide complete electrical and software design for custom automated machine build projects. You will have ownership of electrical design/layout, software design/programming, debug of hardware/software, and customer acceptance testing. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and experience in automation.
- Electrical Design:
- Work with project manager, machine design engineer, and customer to develop a low risk and robust machine design.
- Create electrical schematics and bill of materials to meet project requirements.
- Interface with panel shop to ensure electrical panels meet customer and project requirements.
- Support assembly department by clarifying any design questions they may have.
- Software Design:
- Create application design documentation and lead customer software design reviews.
- Program all software for the project with PLC, HMI, Servo, Robotics, Vision, Laser, etc.
- Startup and Debug:
- Test and verify all electrical wiring for the entire system: safety circuit, IO, communications, etc.
- Work with assembly and machine design engineer to ensure all mechanical setups and alignments are completed properly.
- Debug and test all software to meet project requirements.
- Meet with customer to ensure their machine requirements are fulfilled.
- Customer Acceptance:
- Assist customer in testing and documenting final machine operation.
- Provide training and support to customer as needed.
- Creation of machine user’s manual from template per customer requirements.
- Validation documentation where required by customer.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Detail oriented
- Desire to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Electrical Schematic design and drafting using AutoCAD Electrical
- PLC controls (primarily Allen Bradley Compact & Control Logix)
- HMI (primarily Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View SE & ME)
- Servo Motion (primarily Allen Bradley servos)
- Vision Inspection & Vision Guided motion (primarily Cognex VisionPro and InSight)
- Robots: Scara & 6-Axis (primarily Denso and Adept)
- Industrial instrumentation and PID loop control.
PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Diverse Candidates encouraged to apply.