Assembly technician will perform electro-mechanical assembly of industrial controls and machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in assembly kick-off meetings.
- Read and interpret complex electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings.
- Modify electrical enclosures to accept components.
- Wire field devices including routing of wires.
- Assemble mechanical assemblies including bearings, gears, actuators, rollers, shafts and pneumatic components.
- Perform check out, power-up, and start up of complete machine assemblies.
- Complete build verification and quality assurance documentation as required.
- Document redlined changes as required.
- Perform field service as required.
- Manage projects as it relates to cost and schedule.
- Communicate with fabrication and engineering for support services.
- Build and strengthen relationships with customers.
- Maintain orderly clean work areas, tools, equipment, and other supplies.
- Follow Master Documentation and Job Boss procedures.
- Assist other assembly technicians.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of image, drawing, and ladder logic viewing software.
- Must have advanced knowledge in reading electrical wiring detail and documentation including bills of material.
- Must have basic knowledge of electronic principles including transistor theory as applied to analog/digital input and output devises.
- Must have basic knowledge of UL508A, NFPA79, ETL, and CE requirements.
- Must have advanced knowledge in reading mechanical elementary drawings, pneumatic/hydraulic diagrams, and instrumentation flow diagrams.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Applicable AAS, Vocational Certificate, and five years’ machine building experience, or ten years in equivalent experience in both electrical and, mechanical disciplines.
Ability to read and interpret complex documentation, drawings, images, symbols, and software. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the company.
Application of basic Geometry, Algebra, and Trigonometry.
Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment, troubleshoot and make accurate timely decisions.
While performing duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, walk, use hands, see, and hear. Infrequent lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.